The first EU-Russia Innovation forum held in Lappeenranta on 25-27 May 2010 was a success. The Forum focused on four specific themes: Modernising Industries, Commercialising Russian Innovations, Promoting Innovative Solutions for Energy Efficiency and Building EU–Russia Innovation Collaboration Roadmaps for 2010–2013
Highlights of the 2010 Forum:
- The 1st high-level innovation event between the EU and Russia.
- Presented nine Key Initiatives for Innovation and Modernisation Collaboration between the EU and Russia
- Prime Minister of Russia Vladimir Putin and Prime Minister of Finland Matti Vanhanen attended
- 60 fabulous speakers
- 620 active participants from 20 different countries
- 43 innovative partners and sponsors
- 80 international media representatives
The nine Key Initiatives of the 1st EU-Russia Innovation Forum have been further developed into ten concrete Project Proposals that have been processed by innovation experts at the St. Petersburg International Innovation Forum and the 2nd European Innovation Summit in Brussels. Several concrete projects have been implemented.